Apply for Master Programs
This information is valid for all international students applying for Master's degree programmes at Aalesund University College (AAUC). The application process can be changed for the academic year 2016/2017. Please check our webpage for updated information during the fall semester 2015.
International applicants must fill in the application form and follow the instructions for what documents must be attached.
Due to visa regulations, international applicants without a study visa for Norway can only apply for full-time Master's degree programs.
Application deadline for non-EU/international applicants for the Master's degree programmes: 1 March.
Application deadline for EU/EEA-citizens and Nordic applicants: 15 April.
Got questions about application and admission? Contact the admission office at email@example.com.
- Copy of your passport showing photo, full name, date of birth and nationality.
- Documentation of change of name, e.g. marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Secondary school certificate/diploma/transcript.
- Official university/college degree certificate/diploma and transcript of records sent from the university (listing courses/subjects you have completed at your university). You can include verified copies with your application.
- TOEFL or IELTS test result The original English test must be less than 2 years old and sent directly to Aalesund University College from the test center.
- Letter of recommendation/references from previous higher education. If you are applying for a professional Master's degree, you must also send letters from employers confirming relevant work experience.
- Letter of motivation
- Documentation of financing (non EU/EEA applicants), meaning a bank statement showing that you have the minimum funds available.
- A recent photo of yourself must be attached with the signed application.
All copies must be attested as true copies of original by a Notary Public or by a school / university administrator / registrar and bear the name, signature and stamp of the official. The signed application must be sent by regular post, applications sent by e-mail will not be considered.
The application and all required documentation must be complete and sent by the application deadline in order to be considered.
The minimum academic requirement for admission to universities and university colleges in Norway is called Higher Education Entrance Qualification. For international applicants, the requirements are specified in the GSU-list. Due to this requirement, international applicants must normally have obtained an undergraduate degree/Bachelor's degree of 4 years duration from an accredited university. Please refer to the GSU-list to find information about the requirements for your country.
Supplementary regulations for application and admission to Master’s degree programs and post graduate education at Aalesund University College, including academic requirements for each Master’s degree program.
Applicants from Ireland, UK, US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand and applicants with at least one year’s education at higher secondary level or university level from the same countries do not have to submit TOEFL/IELTS test result. Applicants from some African countries satisfy the requirements regarding proficiency in the English language if they have completed and passed English as a subject at GCE A-level with grade C or better. Please refer to the GSU-list for detailed information.
Applicants from EU / EEA countries must document a minimum of 7 years of English as a subject from secondary school.
For citizens from all other countries, the application will not be considered without an orignal English test result. The English test must be less than 2 years old. The original test result must be sent directly from the test center to Aalesund University College by the application deadline.
TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language (DI-code 6524):
- Minimum score paper based test: 550
- Minimum score computer-based test: 200
- Minimum score internet-based: 80
IELTS - International English Language Testing Service:
- Minimum score 6.0 (Academic test)
Funding for self-financing students
There are no tuition fees for the Master's degree programmes, but all students must have sufficient funding to cover cost of living (including accommodation, food, transport, books etc). Please note that Norwegian authorities require all international students to document how they will finance their studies in Norway when applying for student visa to Norway.
The required amount for the academic year 2014/2015 was approximately NOK 98 500, travel to/from Norway not included. The required amount may be increased by the Norwegian authorities. See more information on www.udi.no.