Aalesund University College
Computer Aided Engineering, CAE
Høyere grad / Second cycle
BSc, fundamental level in mechanics
The candidates shall be familiar with CAE-systems applied in conceptual design, engineering, simulation, visualisation and production. The candidates will be trained in various modeling tools as well as strength analysis using the Finite Element Method.
* Modelling as a method in product design, modelling methods, 3D-solid, 3D-surface models.
* Assemblies, mechanisms, sheet metal design.
* FEA (Finite Element Analysis) ? introduction to theoretical foundation and practical use with respect to optimisation (strength, heat transfer, material, vibrations etc.)
* 3D models for production, exchange formats.
* Parametric and rule based design, programming, automatic design.
* PDM, Bill of Materials.* Simulation and visualisation for testing of the design, presentation and assembly. Animations for real time simulations.
Lectures and individual- and group-exercises (mandatory) and project work. Practical use of CAE-software will be a significant part of the work load.
The project work is mandatory, 2/3 of the exercises have to be approved.
Final oral examination together with individual portfolio of all mandatory exercises and projects.
Karakter (A-F, E er laveste ståkarakter)/Grading A-F. Grade F is a fail
Teknologi og nautikkfag/Engineering and Natural Sciences
Karl Henning Halse/Lars Petter Bryne